Monday, February 21, 2011

Off season Update!

Well its mid term break and its a rest day so I thaught I would take the time to update this.

In my previous post I talked about my new hardtail the Ragley MMMBOP, its a beast! I have been out for a good few spins on her recently and its really good! I finished the build of last week with Shimano SLX Brakes.

The first proper XC ride I had on her was to Djouce Woods from the Ballinastoe Car Park, it was amazing with the best descent I have ever rode on a spin its called the Hulk, I presume because its all green. Flat out, rough with natural jumps then down Mini Champery in Djouce.. What more could you want! There was some pretty amazing views at the top of Ballinastoe too..

 The ''Guinness'' Lake
 The Railway Sleepers to the top of Ballinastoe

I raced in the 1st round of Niall Davies new XC race series The Biking Blitz in Ballinastoe but unfortunately had a mechanical in the race and couldn't finish. Fair play to Niall for getting a new series going and its free for underage riders so thats even better.

I have a week of school now so I am planning on getting a good solid week of riding, fitness and gym work and hopefully get ready for the season! 

More soon.. .


No comments:

Post a Comment