Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cloon - Winter Series Round 2


Round 2 of the Winter Series brought us to Cloon Woods in Co.Wicklow. Its only 40 minutes from my house so you could call it one of my local tracks. I drove up early on Saturday morning, the track was icy due to the cold weather, so i decided to practice up top in the woods and wait for the track to thaw out in the open. I had some lunch and headed up and rode till practice was over. I was happy enough with some sections and now looking back at my race runs a few little turns and bits I wasnt to happy. I packed up and headed home to rest for race day.


Race morning came round, and the track was pretty icy, eventually wen it melted it became pretty muddy in sections but the rest was sweet. I did a runs and hit some sections just to make sure before my race runs. I gave my bike a quick checkover and warmed up with some hot chocolate and headed up for my race run. My 1st race run was awful to say the least, everything seemed to go wrong and i was finding it impossible to ride well for some reason, eventually i ended up trying to hard and spinning around on a turn somehow. I calm down somehow in 5th place. Luckily I wasnt to far off 4th and 3rd place, so I refocused on my 2nd race run. Which went generally much better. I came down into 3rd place. I was happy to finish on the podium and keep the momentum going for the rest of the season. I have 2 more Winter Series and an XC Race coming up so I am looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment